Let us introduces the CERES-2402-PTP, a compact embedded rugged Ethernet switch specifically designed to build high reliability networks for defense applications in harsh environments.
We are proud to present the newest addition to our sales team - Peter Linnet, KAM (Key Account Manager). Peter have worked with industrial components and based on this he have extensive experience of the entire sales process around projects.
Did you know that the Swedish inventor Håkan Lans is the mastermind behind the STDMA navigation system that today is used to control the aircraft industry in order to prevent delays and shorten flight time? Let Recab introduce you to Håkan Lans and read more about his inventions and contribution to todays technology
Profectum has a tight cooperation with Recab and Nils Olav Gjørvad on the parking solution within smart reading. – The result is a robust electronics cabinet which can be mounted both indoors and outdoors, he says.
The product, which is starting to become well known by many people, is called EasyPay. It is described as a new and modern solution for easy and user-friendly parking. – There will be no need for tickets, fines and barriers as this is replaced with smart technology, says the managing director of Profectum AS, Lars Kaasin.
The parking time starts and stops by advanced camera technology, and the payment is automatic. Lars Kaasin tells that Profectum is growing fast, and the solution is used, for example, in parking houses, shopping malls and amusement parks. The company has become a real competitor to the traditional parking companies.
– Recab is our collaborator on machinery, and together we have developed solidly built centrals that can handle a vast number of cars arriving to park, Kaasin says. He emphasizes the cooperation with Nils Olav Gjørvad at Recab. – He has given us valuable support with choosing components, testing and implementation of the project, Kaasin explains.
Found the right knowledge
– We got into contact with Recab since they are distributor of a unit which we wanted to use in our own centrals. We soon discovered that Recab has knowledge and experience from similar project, and that they therefore could be a valuable collaborator for developing our solution, Kaasin says.
Stabile and scalable
– The process started with mapping and choosing components for designing the central, testing and making a prototype. Eventually we found the final solution, and now we have a stable and scalable product which is easy to maintain, he continues. The core of the system is an industrial PC without a fan, and with an extended temperature range. According to Gjørvad, the PC is a Nuvo 5002LP from Neousys Technology, with a sixth generation Core i7 processor which corresponds to a strong stationary PC, but this is a more robust and maintenance free version.
Nuvo-5002LP/5006LP is the low-profile version of Nuvo-5000 family. It features a low-profile chassis, which reduces its height to 77 mm, and remains extraordinary 25°C to 70°C operating temperature. For those demanding varied computing power, Nuvo-5002LP/5006LP supports socket-type CPU for flexible CPU installation.
– All video processing and number plate recognition is on this platform, Gjørvad explains. – Everything is designed according to Profectum´s specifications, and we have made all the necessary switches (including fiber options), a 4G modem, and we have defined the power supply, UPS, as well as an emergency power battery, he further explains.
From camera to sky
The central communicates with ANPR cameras which register the number plates, plus Profectum´s sky solution for further processing.
– For us, it is critical that all components register every parking, and the chosen components in the centrals reflect this, Kaasin says. He emphasizes that they have chosen high quality solutions that gives redundancy to both the network and power supply. In this work, he describes Recab as an important and valuable supporter.
One hundred percent Norwegian
Profectum delivers all the software, and the solutions are finished at Topro. When the cabinets have been configurated at Recab´s filial at Eggemoen near Hønefoss, they are sent directly to the users, where they are connected to the power system and cameras.
A good environment for product development
Recab´s main Norwegian office is at Hamar, but the company has chosen to keep the Eggemoen office for several reasons. – Here we are in the thick of things regarding product development. You will find, for example, Tronrud Engineering, which is both a customer, supplier and collaborator on a lot of projects. You will also find the mechanic supplier HG-Mek, Prox/Flir, and Norsk Titanium, Gjørvad proudly informs. The Hamar department has just moved to new locations, and Elektronikk will come back to this in a later issue.
To Profectum, the solution means more competitiveness and possibilities of growth. – For us, it is important to have control at all stages of our solutions. We develop all software ourselves, and we will have the same control over the machinery in the centrals, Kaasin says. – Through our cooperation with Recab, we have gained full control of the actual components, and none of the centrals has broken down so far!
Do you want to know more about the project or our other product, please contact us:
Nils Olav Gjørvad /+47 96 90 22 11 / NilsOlav.Gjorvad@recab.com
Bjørn Espen Aase / +47 62 54 02 91 /email@example.com
Text & Photo by: By Einar Karlsen Elektronikknett