SKU: AM4211 /
Versatile and high performance AMC module for 4G LTE, WiMAX, and security applications
Platform design considerations for the Kontron AMC module AM4211 include using it as an eNodeB and LTE network element component or, in combination with full-scale ATCA® blades, as a co-processor Network Interface Card (NIC).
The key differentiators of the Kontron AM4211 with the Cavium CN6645 processor is the support of SRIO, which is in addition to PCI-e Gen 2 and XAUI. It also features a set of advanced hardware acceleration capabilities that include: 10Gbps+ for security, TCP packet processing and QoS; 4Gbps for 3rd generation DPI; 10Gbps+ for compression; 80Gbps+ for RAID/XOR/DeDup; and a schedule/synch/ordering engine for unlimited flows.
The CN6645 is footprint- and software-compatible with the CN63XX Series, thus providing a seamless upgrade path to provide 2x performance.
- 10-Core Cavium OCTEON® II CN6645 MIPS64 processor at 1.1 GHz
- Design for 4G, LTE, WiMAX network applications
- On MicroTCA platform: eNodeB and LTE network element component
- On ATCA blade/platform: Co-processor NIC
- Best performance per watt compared to other multicore processors.
- Unmatched deterministic, low latency 3rd generation DPI performance with unlimited rules and rich feature-set on a single chip.
- 1x 10GbE to the front; software configurable interfaces to the Fabric with port 4-7 as PCIe x4 or SRIO and port 8-11 as PCIe x4, XAUI or 4x SGMII.
- The SRIO interface ensures interoperability with 3rd party Digital Signal Processing (DSP) AMCs.
- Support for IEEE 1588 timestamp for Ethernet time synchronization.